Moving out of the family nest or changing up your living arrangements? It can be daunting to move into a new rental property. The key is to be prepared.
Things to think about when moving in to a rental property:
- Work out your budget- Will you be renting alone or with some friends to share the costs?
- Research what properties are available and meets your needs and objectives.
- Read your lease agreement entirely.
- Ask the landlord/realtor questions if you are unsure of anything.
- Organise transportation of your belongings and factor this into your budget.
- Make sure you pay your rent on time.
- Stick to any arrangements made- electricity, water bills etc.
- Be prepared to pay a rental bond.
- Look after the home as if it is your own- any damages may impact your rental history.